The precautions against spring epidemic diseases, the lecture about the first aid measures ( the morning meeting on February 20th)
Good morning, dear teachers and school friends. Please stand up and sing the national anthem. Please sit down.
Li: I am Li Jiaqi from Class 5, senior Grade 1
Lian: I am Lian Xiang from Class 5, senior Grade 1. “ anyone could see the arrival of spring, as it is blossoms of different colors everywhere.” Time flies quickly, the spring, like a beautiful girl, is walking toward us.
Li: the winter is gone, it is getting warmer, but the cold air is still rather active, so it is easy to get respiratory disease, let’s listen to what our school doctor says about it.
Hello, dear teachers and students.
It’s been a week since the new semester began, our life has been back to normal. It is February 20th today, it is the solar term of “ Rain Water” just passed. In the Chinese ancient meteorology, at around the Rain Water, everything begins to be active, spring is coming, the temperature is getting higher, the humility is higher, too. But the cold air is still active. Spring is a time when the respiratory diseases occur frequently. Because of the changeable weather, cold or warm now and then, our body feel hard to adapt to the outer environment, the immune system is weak, virus, bacteria can attack us ill at this time of the year. If you don’t do regular exercise, furthermore, the room is not aired, it is very easy to have a flu, chicken pox and other respiratory diseases. Last year in both spring and fall, there were cases of chicken pox and flu in our junior high. Recently, according to the news reports in Jiangsu Province, we could hear the news that there were cases of bird flu. In January this year, there are 49 cases of H7N9 in our province. So to make good precautions against the spring epidemic diseases is a very important guarantee to our study and our health.
First of all, we must realize the early symptoms of the spring respiratory diseases are mostly colds, for example, fever, feeling sore, having a sore throat, coughing, etc. they are caused by virus can be very contagious. The spreading is mainly by the droplets in the air, it is also by the indirect affected things.
So, in order to take effective precautions against these epidemic diseases, we, the doctors from the school clinic suggest you to do sth following:
1. open the window to air the room often. It can effectively decrease the quantity of the germs inside the classroom. To improve the air quality inside the room, the simplest and most effective way is to disinfect the air inside. So I’d like to suggest that you should open the window and air the room very often at the breaks, at noon break and after school, so the air in the classroom will be better.
2. good habit of keeping clean is the key to prevent the spreading of spring epidemic diseases. We need to keep the places where we study in and live in clean. Meanwhile, keep ourselves clean, wash your hands both before and after meals
3. have a regular life. Take a good rest, have enough sleep, these are very important for us to improve our defensive ability against diseases. Have a reasonable schedule, attach importance to both work and rest, no matter what causes the exhaust, study or other activities, our ability to defend disease will be deteriorating, and we are bound to be infected by virus. Recently, the senior 2nd graders are getting their simulation entrance exam, so we ask you to adjust yourselves while you are studying hard.
4. pay more attention to your clothing and diet. The weather in spring is rather changeable, in general, the temperature is still low, if you reduce your clothes too quickly, it is very easy that your immune ability in respiratory system is harmed, and the virus could get into you easily. There is an old saying, wear more clothes than necessary while do the opposite in fall. You should wear more or wear less according to the weather change, don’t reduce your clothing too quickly. Reduce the stimulation to the respiratory tract, drink more water, have a reasonable diet, eat less spicy, oily food as possible as you can, have enough vitamins, good protein, fresh fruit and vegetable. When you have lunch at the school canteen, besides considering the food you prefer, you should have a balanced diet with both meat and vegetable.
5. see the doctor when you don’t feel well. because spring epidemic diseases have the symptoms that are similar to cold, they are very likely to be ignored. So go to see the doctor in time when you don’t feel well, especially when there is a fever, an early, timely and confirmed diagnosis is necessary, so is the cure.
6. do more exercise, improve the immune system. Spring is a time when our metabolism gets active, it is the good time to do exercise. We should play more sports, breathe in fresh air outside, daily exercise can improve the blood circulation, stretch ourselves and do good to our health. While doing exercise, you should pay attention to the weather change and arrange your activities accordingly.
While talking about doing exercise, I’d love to add two points, this Wednesday, in the afternoon, we will have our annual spring long race, here we, as the doctors from our school clinic, love to remind you of several tips:
1. Before running, warm up yourselves with some simple stretches, especially the knee joints and ankle joint, because running has greater pressure on the joints, so it’s necessary to emphasize the warming up of the lower limbs.
2. Adjust the rhythm of your breath, running is a kind of aerobic exercise, which involves the circulation of the main organs, especially the respiratory system. During the running, the runners gradually need more oxygen, so it is necessary to keep your own breathing rhythm. At the beginning, you have a heavy leg, stuffed chest, you can be out of breath because the provided oxygen is slower than the muscles’ requirement for it, those who do regular exercise not very often would feel this more, but it is very normal. If you feel bad, stop to walk several hundred of meters, if you feel really bad, stop running.
3. After running, walk several hundred of meters, don’t stop immediately. After running, our body must be exercise from head to toe, so we should relax our body slowly, it is suggested that you should walk several hundred meters after running, relax your body completely, then do some stretches.
4. On Wednesday, it might be a drop in temperature, after light exercise, if you have a stuffed chest, headache, or feel dizzy, or other discomforts, please ask for a sick leave from your head teacher. In the running, if there are any discomforts, please contact your teacher so that things can be further dealt with.
Lian: thank Doctor Gu’s suggestions. At the thought of the Spring Running, a breeze from the willow, warm sunshine, “ blossoms of different colors are dazzling”, how wonderful!
Li: wait, wait, besides taking precautions against flu, it is also necessary for teenagers to know how to deal with sudden illnesses. Last summer vacation, in an emergency training project, Wang Yuhan, Class 4, senior Grade 1 was No. 1 among all the trainees. Next, let’s welcome Wang Yuhan to tell us more about the emergency rescue.
Hello, everyone, I am Wang Yuhan from Class 4, senior Grade 1, last semester, three of us, all from senior Grade 1, on behalf of our school attended the 1st Nanjing High School & Primary School Emergency Rescue Skill Competition, I am very lucky to share our experience in the preparation and the participation of the competition.
Let’s talk about the competition first. As mentioned just now, this is the first time that Nanjing had such a competition, but what was tested was rather comprehensive, for students, there were 3 items: theory test, CPR cardiopulmonary resuscitation, simple skills in binding up wounds. I still remember in the competition, we did cardiopulmonary resuscitation on the model, there were 4 or 5 judges who evaluate our performance from all angles, so you can see how important basic emergency knowledge and skills are, and how they are valued in the society, the competition was not just going through a formality.
Li: thank you to Wang Yuhan for his wonderful introduction.
This is the end of today’s morning meeting, thank you!