Dear students and parents；
According to the Announcement about the Management of Pupils and High School Students’Overseas Travel, (Su Jiao Wai (2014) No. 3), to strengthen education travels, to aim at education purpose, to cultivate the students’ qualities, actively promote the students’ of both countries as the principle, our school and Jiangsu Province Educational International Exchange Service Center ( JEIESC) cooperated and recommended the Harrow School’s special summer course. Following are the details:
I. Brief introduction of Harrow School, Britain
Britain Harrow School is recognized as one of the most outstandibng private schools in the world. It was founded in 1572. With several hundred years’development, HS is now considered the Alma Mater of European aristocrats and produces thousands of celebrities such as Winston Churchchill, and other 6 British Prime Minster; Byron, a peot; Nehru, Indian leader, etc.
II. The characteristics of the summer course
1. The summer course is specially designed for Chinese students and will be operated by JEIESC exclusively, authorized by HS.
2. HS’s unique teaching materials and teaching methods will be used so the students will be able to access to real English. HS will select best teachers, arrange classes of small size, emphasize on the students’ English comprehension and application, what’s more, on the training of oral and listening. HS will have pronunciation classes to help the students’ to improve their English accent and the sense of English rhythme.
3. The students will take part in different activities. HS selected some traditional Harrow activities including golf courses taught by professional coaches, traditional Scottish Kaili Dance, tennis, baseball, rock climbing, etc.
4. The students will experience Harrow stduents’ school life on the spot by living in the Harrow School dormitory and having their meals at the school canteen.
5. The students will experience British rich historic culture in a deep extent by visiting the Great Britain Museum, Oxford University, Madame Dussa Wax Museum, etc.
6. The students will receive a certificate issued by Harrow School after finish the summer course.
III. Candidates’ requirements:
Candidates should be senior 1st graders of NFLS, patriotic, excellent both at scholar and character, having a good command of English, independent, capable of self-education, sociable, be able to pay the fee, without any rejection of visa from British Ambassy.
IV. Application: anyone who’s interested please submit by e-mail or fax the application form ( Attachment 1) before February 10, to JEIESC, who will make a decision under the NFLS’s contentment about who will be finally chosen to be the candidates ( a boy and a girl in our school )
V. The course time: July 29th - August 11th, ( provisional)
VI. Related fee
Fee of the summer course: 47800/ person. The fee includes: visa and its service fee, air tickets, insurance, courses ( including English level test, learing progress test, exam fee at the end of the course, text books, computer, stationaries, all the activities involving the course, accomodation, food, certificate, academic report, photography, airport shuttle service in London. The fee excludes: passport, personal consumption, domestic airport shuttle service and food, overweight luggage fee and any loss caused by air companies, traffic jams, strikes and other force majeur events.
VII. Contact us
JEIESC: Zhou Yong, tel: 025-83335871, fax: 025-83335862, e-mail: email@example.com
Address: Room 2308, Jiangsu Education Building, 15 Beijing West Road, Nanjing. ( zip code: 210024)
Ps: attachment 1 is the application form, attachment 2-7 is the introduction of the summer course with colorful pictures
Foreign Affair Office, NFLS
February 2nd, 2016